CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
SHCY OUTREACH GRANTS 2019-20
The SHCY will award two $500 grants and one $1500 grant for events that take place in 2019-2020.
The $500 grants will help defray expenses for speakers, workshops, and other scholarly events fully or partially devoted to the history of children and youth.
- Keynote speakers or panelists
- Printed materials
- Support for students attending the event
The $1500 grant will help offset the costs of a regional conference dedicated to the history of children and youth and held in 2019-20.
Application deadline for both grants: October 31, 2019 (notice of decision November 15)
Applications: One-page applications should be submitted as PDF files via email to the Outreach Committee: Bengt Sandin, Ishita Pande, and Elizabeth Dillenburg.
- Date, location, and primary sponsor of event
- Description of audience (size, makeup)
- Total cost of event and other confirmed or potential funding sources
- Description of event that articulates how it contributes to all or part of SHCY’s mission: promoting the history of children and youth by supporting research about childhood, youth cultures, and the experience of young people across diverse times and places; fostering study across disciplinary and methodological boundaries; providing venues for scholars to communicate with one another; and promoting excellence in scholarship.
Eligibility and Terms of the grants:
- Applicants must be members of SHCY. (See http://shcyhome.org/membership/ for membership information.)
- Recipients of 2017-18 Outreach Grants cannot receive 2019-20 grants, and no one may apply for more than one 2014 grant.
- Funds will be distributed directly to host departments or institutions prior to the event.
- SHCY must be acknowledged as co-sponsor on all print and web-based materials and announcements, and, when appropriate, in speaker introductions. When possible, use the SHCY logo and link to the SHCY website.
- SHCY must be sent PDF’s or links to announcements and promotional materials before the event.
- A report must be submitted to the chairs of the Outreach Committee no later than thirty days after the funded event. It should consist of the following:
- Blg post describing the event for use on the SHCY website
- Summary f the attendance (size, makeup)
- Cpy of appropriate printed materials or screenshots of websites
- Descriptin of the actual expenses covered by the grant
Recipients of grants will be announced by November 15, 2019.